To help managing these files in OsX, I've written a Finder plugin (QuickLook plugin to be exact), which can preview file metadata as shown on the picture.
If you use NetCDF files, you may find it useful.
- The plugin only supports "classic NetCDF" format (version 1 and 2).
- The plugin does not reqiure NetCDF libraries.
- Download zip archive using this link.
- Unpack the archive
- In Finder select menu 'Go' and choose 'Go to Folder'
- Choose one of two:
- ~/Library/QuickLook -- to install for the current user only
- /Library/QuickLook -- to install for all users
- If there is a previous version of "iNetCDF.qlgenerator", move it to trash.
- Copy the new "iNetCDF.qlgenerator" bundle to the selected folder.
- No other steps are required. Finder should now show previews of ".nc" files metadata.
Enjoy my tool!